Armfield introduces a new range of Fire Testing Technology research equipment
Posted on 26th April 2016
Fire affects us in both direct and indirect ways. How it reacts with different materials can be linked to life safety and means of escape in a building or motor vehicle, and the toxicity levels of different chemicals under fire conditions can directly affect us, both in our everyday surroundings and in industrial settings. The properties of fire have wide-reaching applications across disciplines too, from environmental science and biochemistry to the use of calorimeters within the food technology sector.
Armfield’s new Fire Testing Technology Series is designed to test and measure the various properties of fire, ignitability, flame spread and smoke, heat and toxicity release, among other things.
The range comprises seven products, each designed to study a specific aspect of fire testing:
- The FTT1 Ignitability Apparatus measures the percentage of oxygen required to support ignition or combustion of different materials
- The FTT2 Flame Spread Apparatus studies the flammability of materials typically used in the occupant compartments of motor vehicles
- The FTT3 Smoke Release Apparatus measures the amount of smoke produced when a material combusts
- The FTT4 Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter is designed to measure the heat of combustion or calculate the calorific value of a material
- The FTT5 Heat Release & Mass Loss Calorimeter measures both ignitability, mass loss rate and heat release
- The FTT6 Toxicity Apparatus is designed to study the toxicity of burnt materials
- The FTT7 Cone Calorimeter can test several important real fire properties of materials simultaneously under a variety of preset conditions
This product range is specifically designed to introduce students to the fundamental principles of measuring reaction to fire, exploring the concepts of ignition, flame spread, smoke production, heat release and toxicity.
To find out more, please visit our Fire Testing Technology Series area on the Armfield website.
Other recent Stories
- New Armfield Catalogue 2019
- Engineering Fundamentals (EF series) launched
- XXIII Hydraulic Engineering Congress
- Armfield Prize
- Air-Conditioning Training Unit released
- Armfield introduce a new Air-Conditioning Training Unit
- Armfield are Finalists in the GESS Awards
- Armfield is at the ASEE conference and expo in New O...
- New teaching and research tech for Heat & Mass Trans...
- New teaching and research tech for Chemical Engineer...