Biochemical Engineering and Waste Water Treatment boosted with the addition of two new Anaerobic Reactors.
Posted on 7th August 2013
As part of the biochemical engineering range, these two new systems are suitable for both education and research purposes focussing on the biochemical treatment of waste products from industrial, agricultural and domestic sources. The BE3 is an Anaerobic Column Reactor, which can be configured as a Fluidised Bed or Expanded Sludge Bed Reactor. The BE4 is an Anaerobic Tank Reactor, which can be configured as a Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor, Packed Bed Reactor or Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor.
Both reactors are made of glass, enabling the process to be clearly seen at all times and the feed to the reactor is controlled by a variable speed peristaltic pump. Each system has sampling stations to enable samples to be taken whilst in operation and pH dosing is controlled with two dosing pumps. These new systems have applications in both Biochemical Engineering and Waste Water Treatment. These are much more than teaching tools and can also be used for research both in universities and in industry. Their construction materials enable a wide range of products to be trialled.
For more information head to – www.discoverarmfield.co.uk/data/be3-be4
Other recent Stories
- Engineering Fundamentals (EF series) launched
- Armfield release new Air-Conditioning Training Unit
- Armfield catches fire - and tests it with the new FT...
- Oil and Water do not mix - introducing the UOP30 3-P...
- Hydrology range expanded with the addition of a new ...
- New Improved RA1 MkII
- Desktop Learning Modules - DLMX
- Introducing the new revolutionary teaching system fr...
- Armfield Distillation Columns get an upgrade
- The future of UHT / HTST Systems is available now!